DIY Valentine’s Tic Tac Toe Game for kids using the Silhouette Cameo. Perfect for non-candy class favors!
Tic-Tac-Toe has always been a favorite game of mine. The kids love playing it any chance they get. I knew it would be the perfect “no-candy” Valentine’s Day favor for my daughter’s Kindergarten class. The tic-tac-toe game is easy to travel pouch which is perfect to hold the heart X and O pieces. I am all for entertaining the kids on-the-go. I’m all about making things easier for you so these Valentine’s Tic-Tac-Toe Game for Kids is easy and quick to make.
I love giving crafts or other activities as favors for the holidays. I don’t always like giving out candy, only as a special treat. The muslin goody bags were a great price on Amazon (plus Free 2-day shipping!) so you’ll get it with plenty of time to create them. I found the hearts in Dollar Tree but I’ve seen similar ones on Amazon.
Post contains affiliate links. It just means I make a small commission if you purchase anything through my links.
Valentine’s Tic Tac Toe Game for Kids using the Silhouette Cameo
- Cotton Muslin drawstring bags (4.7 x 3.5 inch)
- Black iron-on vinyl (Heat transfer vinyl)
- White vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo
- Mini Translucent Acrylic Hearts Table Scatters
- Open the Silhouette Design Studio. Using the tools on the left create a Tic-Tac-Toe grid. For example, mine measures 3.589 x 3.587 inches. Fill it with a red color (this will help with cutting later)
- Once you have the grid in the size you want, group it together so it moves as one piece.
- Click on the “A” on the left-hand side of the tool area. Write “X” and “O” size it to about 0.85 inches. Just under a 1 inch. Duplicate each letter until you have 3 of each. Fill them in with a blue color.
- Place the black heat transfer vinyl on your Silhouette Cameo mat and the white vinyl on your mat to match the placement on your screen. You want them far from each other so that there are no overlapping cuts. Remeber the cut setting for heat transfer vinyl and regular adhesive vinyl is different.
- Now you are almost to cutting! Go to the cutting area and go to “action by” and select fill. It should show the two colors you filled your design with. Adjust the material for each color. One should be Heat transfer and the other vinyl. Send to your Silhouette once the settings are done.
- Once it has cut, remove the excess material from your tic tac toe grid. Place the grid on the Cotton Muslin bags, be sure to align correctly. Using an iron or heat press, press down on the Muslin bags until it is stuck on well.
- Carefully remove the white vinyl and stick it on the acrylic hearts. You are all set!
What I love about this simple Valentine’s Day project is that it doesn’t cost a lot to do for a class and it can be changed for any holiday. Green hearts or cloves for St. Patrick’s day. Eggs for Easter. There are so many possibilities. These Valentine’s Tic-Tac-Toe Game for Kids is definitely going to be a hit!
Do you give non-candy Valentine’s Day favors?