This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored
Coconut, chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers toasted over a blazing fire? Yes, they taste as delicious as they sound. If you get bored of doing traditional s’mores why not kick it up a notch with an easy weeknight dessert the entire family will love! S’mores are perfect for easy Summertime desserts that can be done both inside and outside. Why not do a S’mores party or set up a S’mores table in your next get-together. There are so many different ways to enjoy s’mores but my favorite is in my backyard using my fire pit.
Can I make a confession? I had my first s’mores experience last year (in my late 20’s). I know, I know – where have I been? I can tell you that I have been missing a whole lot of goodness. My family has never been the outdoorsy type – we never went camping or did any of that kind of stuff – we lived in New York City which is a totally different world. When my husband and I moved to Florida, we really got into the outdoor activities – hiking, camping, kayaking, and so much more. I had my first camping experience last year and it has become one of my favorite past times.
When we first toured our current house, we fell in love with the backyard. It had a huge pool with so much space for my kids outdoor activities. It also had… a fire pit! We were sold. It was perfect. We use the fire pit often during the week because it is a quick easy dessert my entire family can participate in. After a long day at work, having an indulgent dessert like toasted coconut s’mores just puts the icing on the cake. Want to make your own?
I made my Toasted Coconut S’mores outside in my fire pit but you can don’t need a campfire to make s’mores! You can do it right from home.
- Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares (exclusively at Walmart)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars
- Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- Baker’s Angel Flake Coconut (I got sweetened)
1. Grab a marshmallow and coat it in the coconut flakes (you may have to put some pressure on the marshmallow to really make it stick well).
2. Using a roasting stick, place the coconut crusted marshmallow over the fire until nice and crispy
3. Be sure to have your graham cracker and Hershey’s chocolate ready.
4. Place your delicious, gooey coconut crusted marshmallow on the Hershey’s and graham cracker.
You can find all the ingredients you need to make s’mores this Summer at Walmart stores! Make it over a campfire or right from your kitchen. Remember any day can be a S’mores Day!
I want to hear YOUR favorite way to enjoy s’mores. Do you make it with a special ingredient?