Fall is in the air, which means its Pumpkin Spice time! I’ve been so excited about Pumpkim Spice time that my kids have been asking for some. They can’t have coffee so I made them a special drink with Abuelita’s Chocolate Syrup which hints hints of cinnamon. It is a delicious combination of pumpkin spices, cinnamon, and chocolate! My kids drink it to the last drop!
When I was younger I remember my great grandmother would make us hot chocolate with Carnation milk. The drink was always so warm and creamy. She made it perfect every time. I have such wonderful memories of my time in New York with my great grandmother. Now that she suffers from Alzheimer’s, I cherish those memories even more. She would visit with us for about 4-5 months at a time then go back to Puerto Rico. She usually spent the winters with us. I looked forward to her cooking every time she stood with us. Everything tastes so much better when she made it!
Ok, on to the recipe! You can adjust to your child’s taste (or your taste). You can also substitute some of the ingredients like using Vanilla extract or using creamer instead of the condensed milk.
- 2 1/2 Cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup Condensed milk
- 2 tbsp 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tbsp Nestle Abuelita Chocolate and cinnamon Syrup
- 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Spice
- A pinch of nutmeg
- (optional) Whipped cream
1. Add the milk, condensed milk, and Abuelita chocolate and cinnamon syrup in a pot. Stir well.
2. Next add the pumpkin, pumpkin spice and nutmeg. Stir well until everything is mixed.
3. Once everything is mixed well – Pour into mugs and enjoy! (Optional – Add some whipped cream and drizzle some chocolate syrup and a dash of pumpkin spice on top!)
That’s it! Super easy yet so delicious! My kids have been asking for this every night! I think this can easily be made into a frappe style drink if they want it as a frozen treat. Just throw everything in the blender with ice or if you prefer ice cream!
Do you make a special drink with pumpkin?