Back to school. Can you believe it? The kids in my county go back to school in 22 days. 22 days! The remains of summer are gone – they are replaced with aisles of school supplies, backpacks, and uniforms. I have to admit I get a little thrill when it is time for back to school shopping. Buying new clothes for my kids, backpacks, and school supplies have always been a fun time for me. I always look for the best places to shop to get the most out of my money. I’m always looking at the sales ads and use coupons to get the best deals. My go-to place has always been Sawgrass Mills Mall. All of the outlet and factory stores really make my money stretch.
My son and I got to do some serious shopping at the mall recently. He was amazed at all the stores Sawgrass Mills has. He was such a good sport about our back to school shopping – I walked everywhere! Sawgrass Mills has over 350 stores. It is a “must see” mall when visiting Florida. You will find people from all over the world shopping the great deals. They have stores that fit everyone’s budget from regular mall stores to high end fashion boutiques. If you are a fashionista The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills is a place you need to visit. It is just best to make it an entire day thing event – you can shop, eat, and play right at the mall. I love all the changes that are happening in the mall – lots of new stores!
Shopping for uniforms? I suggest Under Armour Factory House, Gap Factory Store, Osh Kosh B’Gosh, The Children’s Place Outlet, Tommy Hilfiger Kids, and Old Navy Outlet
Shopping for footwear? I suggest Steve Madden, Converse, Timberland Factory Store, Skechers Factory Outlet, Vans Outlet, Kids Foot Locker, the Nike Factory Store, and Aldo
In need of a backpack? I suggest Kipling, Vera Bradley, O’Neill, and Volcom
I try to pick up all the supplies I need for the kids during the 3-day tax free holiday. The 3-day tax free holiday takes place from August 5-7th in Florida. So on top of the awesome deals you can get at Sawgrass Mills, you’ll save an additional 6% on taxes!
Shop the following items tax-free:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item, and
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.
This Holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Personal computers and computer-related accessories;
• Rentals or leases of any of these items;
• Repairs or alterations of any of these items; or
• Sales of clothing or school supplies in a theme park,
entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport
You can find additional and more in-depth information here.
If you’ll be shopping during the Tax-free holiday, here are some tips to help make the process a little easier.
- Shop early! Everyone is going to try to take advantage of the additional savings, beat the crowd and head to the malls early.
- Have a game plan. Plan what stores you want to head to first. It’ll help you get in and out faster.
- Know the current sales/deals. I like to know what store has the best price from the items I’m looking for. View Sawgrass Mills Mall current sales/deals.
- Know what you need. Have your children’s school supply list ready. Also, think long term – are there certain items they may need in a few months? Purchase it now to save.
If you are a teacher or would like to donate school supplies to kids in need, Sawgrass Mills has 2 events gong on right now:
I typically go to The Children’s Place outlet, Gap Factory Store, Burlington Coat Factory, Nike Factory, Carter’s, Gymboree, Target, Converse, Skechers, and Old Navy Outlet. I know when I shop at these stores, I’m able to take advantage of sales, clearance deals, and use coupons (where applicable).
My son is definitely at the age where he wants to wear jeans and comfy t-shirts. He picked a shark shirt in The Children’s Place outlet. He also loved the soft and comfy sweatshirts at Gap Factory store. I was able to pick one up for my daughter who loves anything purple (her favororite color). I love the adorable t-shirts at The Children’s Place. I was also able to score the jeans under $10! Old Navy outlet had some great clearance and sales which I took advantage of.
Ready for a #giveaway?
Enter to win a $100 Sawgrass Mills gift card to help with Back to School Shopping!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnershp with Sawgrass Mills. All opinions stated here are my own. #ShopSawgrass