So you bought your kids a Nintendo 3DS for the Holidays but don’t know how to set it up? Trust me, it is easy and has so many benefits! Setting up a Nintendo Network ID (called an ID for short) will give kids the ability to download free game demos and free-to-start games, watch video content, and much more.
Here is a list of some of the great features you can take advantage of by setting up a free NNID:
- Download and play free-to-start games like Pokémon Picross and Nintendo Badge Arcade
- Download more than 125 free game demos
- Access video-on-demand services like Hulu and Netflix
- Receive exciting updates
- Express yourself with family-friendly online gaming communities
- Link to Nintendo Account to become a My Nintendo member and get extra bonus savings on the current Nintendo eShop sale. My Nintendo members get an extra 10 percent off participating games, including Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, YO-KAI WATCH, Disney Art Academy and many more. This event runs until Jan. 25 at 8:59 a.m. PT. Learn more details at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals
You want to make sure you are connected to the Internet to setup a Nintendo Network ID.
- Since it requires the consent of a parent or guardian for anyone under 13 years old, it’s best to set up the ID on your child’s system for them. On Nintendo 3DS family systems, you’ll start by going to “System Settings.”
- Select “Nintendo Network ID Settings,” then “OK.” (Follow the steps on the screen)
- Select “Create a New ID,” then select “Next.”
- Read through the information on the screen and select “Understood” to proceed.
- Click “View the Network Services Agreement.”
- Select a language.
- Read through the Network Services Agreement. Select “I Accept” to agree to the terms.
- Enter the following information into the appropriate fields:
- Birthdate (Month, Day, Year)
- Country of residence
- Time Zone
- Click the “Nintendo Network ID” field, then click “OK.”
- Enter a Nintendo Network ID, then click “Confirm.”
- Enter a password for the Nintendo Network account, then select “Confirm.”
- Enter the password one more time to verify. Select “Confirm.”
- Enter your e-mail address. Select “Confirm.”
- Enter your e-mail address one more time to verify, then select “Confirm.”
- Once all fields are filled out, select “Done.”
- Review the information you’ve entered to verify that it is correct. Select “Link” to confirm.
The user name will be visible to others so be sure to choose a name that you are ok with the public seeing. No personal information or offensive language. The Nintendo Network ID should be between 6 and 16 characters long, and can contain letters, numbers, periods, dashes, and underscores.
Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be glad to answer!
Post may contain affiliate links.