Disclosure: I was provided with a gift card in exchange for this post. All opinions stated here are my own.
Back to school time is pretty busy for families. Taking the kids to school, picking them up, helping with homework, then getting dinner ready. According to a January 2015 Mintel study, families have less than 1.5 hours of free time during the school week to spend together – and that includes the time spent eating dinner together. What if we can make our dinner a little easier? Olive Garden has a great program for back to school – Buy One, Take One Meal Home. All starting from $12.99! When I was younger, my family always made sure we ate dinner together as a family. Now that I have a family of my own I try my hardest to do the same. The kids have sports and dance but when we don’t have those activities to attend we eat together as a family. Italian food is one of our favorite meals. My kids enjoy eating it which makes me a happy momma! Kids can be so picky but something about pasta makes them eat it all. Olive Garden has always been a top choice when we go eat dinner on the weekends. The warm, soft buttery breadsticks and the salad are my favorite. Buy One, Take One Meal Options: Guests can choose from one of seven featured dishes served with unlimited homemade soup or Famous House Salad and breadsticks at the restaurant:
- Fettuccine Alfredo – Parmesan cream sauce with a hint of garlic, served over fettuccine.
- Mezzaluna Ravioli with Marinara – Crescent-shaped cheese ravioli topped with marinara sauce.
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce – Traditional meat sauce seasoned with garlic and herbs over spaghetti.
- Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno – Ziti pasta in a five cheese marinara sauce, baked with a layer of melted Italian cheeses.
- Smoked Mozzarella Chicken – Chicken served with red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and ziti in a creamy cheese sauce.
- Chicken Scampi – Bell peppers and red onions sautéed with chicken tenderloins in a creamy scampi sauce, served over angel hair pasta.
- Baked Parmesan Shrimp – Ziti pasta and succulent shrimp baked in a creamy Parmesan sauce, topped with toasted Parmesan breadcrumbs and fresh tomatoes.
Then, guests can select an additional free entrée to enjoy at home by choosing one of the following four dishes:
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Mezzaluna Ravioli with Marinara
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno
On top of the great promotion they are running until October 4th, Olive Garden has launched “School Days, Family Nights” on their website offering parents tips, offers, and activities for the family. They want to help you free up your time so you can have more family time!
I want to know, what is your favorite dish from Olive Garden’s “Buy One, Take One Meal”?