I suffer from hormonal acne. The crazy thing? I’m not alone and it is very common in adults. I’ve dealt with acne since I was about 13 years old, at 30 years old I still deal with it. It is annoying, effects my self-esteem, and just makes me feel not pretty. I suffer from hormonal acne so I’m stuck with it for a long, long while. But I’ve learned to deal with it once I realized that it is NOT going anywhere. I’ve “embraced” it. If you want to call it that. I can tell you that I’ve tried pretty much everything. I did the whole dermatologist thing but its only a temporary fix. They put me on antibiotics for a few months (which I don’t like) and it helps clear it up but guess what? The moment I stop it comes back. I go about 2x a year just to see if any newer medications have come out. I use Retin-A whenever I feel something forming. But I’ve turned to other products and have seen a significant improvement.
- Lancome Visionnaire – Yes, it is pricey but I can tell you it is worth every penny! I noticed within 2-3 days a difference in my skin. My blemish/dark spots were fading. My skin looked more even. Its magic in a bottle. Everyone that has asked about my favorite beauty product gets the same answer – Lancome Visionnaire!
- Belli Hydrate: Healthy Glow Facial Hydrator – Belli is usually associated with pregnancy related products but the Facial Hydrator is amazing. It gives my skin a nice glow. It feels lightweight on my skin without a greasy feeling. It has vitamin C and grapeseed oil which gives you that radiant, healthy looking skin.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream – I just discovered this cream and looove it. Guys, I have super oily skin. By the time I leave my house in the morning I’m oily – that type of oily. I’ve been using the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream for about a month and don’t know how I survived without it. It works. It really, really makes me skin look smoother and healthier. It works well under my makeup. I also use the night treatment but haven’t noticed too much of a difference.
I put all 3 of these products on my face every day. I know it seems like a lot but I need something from all of these. Lancome Visionaire for lightening my dark spots and giving my even skin tone, Belli Facial Hydrator for moisturizing, and the Mattifying Day Cream for my oily T-zone. They all work great together.
I’ve also tried a lot of different makeup brands. I started off with Clinique and it didn’t go well because they didn’t have a matching skin tone for me. It also left me oily. I moved to MAC and found a perfect match BUT I was breaking out more. It was too heavy for my skin. I moved on to Bare Minerals since everyone said its good for acne-prone skin. It totally messed up my face. The worse makeup for me. I seriously broke out like I never had before. There is some kind of mineral that just does not sit well with my skin. The moment I stopped my skin got so much better. I decided to try Lancome’s makeup since I love the Visionnaire so much. Yes, it was pricey but I noticed I cannot go cheap with my acne-prone skin. I need quality products. I’ve been using it for close to 3 months and love it. It covers well, doesn’t make me oily, matches my skin tone, and feels light.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H – Available in a ton of colors, they even had my skin tone which I have trouble finding. Feels lightweight and a little goes a long way. It does last all day for me and it doesn’t make me oily. Gives me flawless looking skin. Covers my blemishes well.
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream – I’ve used other BB Creams and wasn’t impressed. I saw this one at Walgreens and it caught my eye because it said it was blemish fighting. Has 2% salicylic acid which is great for combination and acne prone skin. Its light and evens out my skin. It has 8 different benefits for your skin. The only negative part is that it does not have SPF.
- Sephora brand concealer – I just use a little bit on any blemishes that I may have. I don’t usually use this every day but when I need it, it does the job.
- Michelle Phan bronzer/blush Cheek color palette – The color is not over powering. The bronzer and blush work well together giving me a nice sun kissed face.
- Naked 2 eyeshadow palette – This is all I use. It has replaced all my other eye shadows. I love it! I’m going to be adding the other Naked palettes to my Christmas list this year!
It looks like I put so much on my face and I probably do but this is what has worked for my acne prone skin. My skin has never looked better and though I still break out occasionally it is far between. My dark spots are almost all gone. My skin texture is smoother. I’m working on minimizing my pores as that has been an ongoing issue. Any suggestions?
What’s your favorite product for your acne/blemish prone skin?