Can you believe the holiday season is already starting? I can’t believe we’re in the middle of October and Halloween will be here soon. I enjoy DIYing decorations for different holidays so I decided to make an easy holiday wood photo frame. The wood frame can be easily customized for any holiday. Seriously, just change the paper or flip it to the other side.
You may have some scrap pieces of wood laying around in your garage. Grab it! You have so much things you can do with scrap wood. I always try to use any pieces of wood I have leftover from a project. Making these cute photo frame holders are super easy.
- Wood (you can find at your local craft store)
- Cuts: 4.5 inches x 4.5 inches, 4.5 inches x 2 inches
- Srapbook paper
- Craft/wood glue
- mini clothespin (or something else to hold the photo)
- X-acto knife or scissors
- black and orange Bakers twine, orange sequins, and sticky green glitter paper
1. Once your wood pieces are cut to size, grab your scrapbook paper and cut to size for both pieces.
2. Glue the scrapbook paper to your wood pieces. Let dry.
3. Next, glue the clothespin to the middle of your scrapbook paper that should now be dry on your wood piece.
4. Glue the bigger wood piece to the small wood piece. Let that dry completely.
5. Time to decorate! I used orange and black baker’s twine to had some texture. You can use whatever you prefer. I also added a cute little pumpkin by circling the sequin ribbon around into a circle. I added a piece of green glitter paper as the stem
See how easy that it? I plan to add a different paper to the back to make it work for Thanksgiving. 1 project that turns into 2! It also doesn’t have to be for a holiday you can personalize it for any occasion or everyday home decoration. Display your favorite mini pictures for everyone to see! You can see a similar wood frame project I did for the Instax photos.
You’ll definitely want to check out these other great Halloween DIY projects and recipes, too!
- DIY Witch Hat Headband – Busy Creating Memories
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub – Food Fun Family
- DIY Dorothy Halloween Costume for Adults – Style on Main
- Quick and Easy Faux Gilded Pumpkins – How Was Your Day?
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Poke Cake – Diana Rambles
- Easy Holiday Wood Photo Frame – Casa Moncada
- DIY Mummy Pumpkin Halloween Craft – The Eyes of a Boy
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Scrub – Views from the ‘Ville
What is your favorite Halloween project/recipe?