Need a last minute treat idea for your Holiday parties and get-together? These adorable Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites are exactly what you need. These bite-size goodies are perfect for your treats table – easy for guest to grab and eat! A wonderful combination of Oreos and strawberries! You can also get away with using white chocolate and adding a few drops of green food coloring, if you prefer chocolate instead of the candy melts.
CHRISTMAS TREE STRAWBERRY BITES
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Green Candy Melts
- Sprinkles (Colored Balls, White Sugar Sprinkles, Star Sprinkles)
1. Cut the tops off of each strawberry.
2. Twist Oreos in half, keeping the crème filled side only. Pour white sugar sprinkles into a small bowl. Crème side down, dip the Oreo into the sugar sprinkles and set aside.
3. Melt the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions.
4. Using a toothpick or fork, pierce each strawberry and completely coat it with the green candy melts. Place the strawberry (cut side down) onto the sprinkle-covered Oreo. Using either a toothpick or fork, dab at the melted candy to create the limbs on the Christmas tree. Quickly add ball sprinkles for ornaments and star sprinkles on top before candy coating is completely melted.
The recipe is easy enough for the kids to help too! Let them decorate the tree just the way they like. Let them dip the strawberries in the candy melt or twist off the cookies. They’ll be glad that they can help with the desserts!
What is your favorite Holiday treat?